Friday, September 30, 2016

New Daffodil Painting

With all the home remodeling going on I don't have as much time to devote to painting.  We are having a new front porch built and our driveway widen. We also have been working on the stairway to our basement work shops.  The outside work is being done by contractors and the inside work we are doing ourselves.  Because we are depending on other people and the weather for the porch project, it may be awhile until the job is completed.  On the other hand, the stairway should be done soon.  I'll post photos of both jobs when they are done.

I finished two paintings since my last post.  One is for myself which will hang in the stairway.  I will wait until that project is finished before I post a photo of the painting.  The other painting is one I did to hang at LA's Cafe.  I decided to do another version of a painting I did in 2012 for a cancer awareness exhibition at Ventanta Medical Systems in Oro Valley, AZ.  The title of the painting is "Daffodil Dreams".  Here is the new version.
The one posted below is the original painting I did for the 2012 show along with the artist statement that went with the painting:

  The daffodil is a symbol of hope for a future where cancer is no longer a life threatening disease.  I dedicate this painting to all those involved in cancer research who will make this "daffodil dream" a reality.

I sold the painting early in 2013.  If you go through my older posts you will find the this painting along with another one of a butterfly that was part of the cancer awareness exhibition.

No comments: