Monday, October 3, 2016

Another new painting for LA's Cafe and a preview of our latest home improvement projects.

When I finished the daffodil painting from the last post I decide to do a painting of the tree that I use as the logo on my Michigan business card.  When I painted it to use on my card I did a small canvas with a white background.  I keep that painting in my files (not a computer file) just in case my computer crashes in the future.  I realized I had never used the pattern in a painting to sell.  I thought it would be a good one to show at LA's Cafe along with the daffodil painting which I did to replace another painting I sold a few weeks ago.  We went to the cafe today to have lunch and drop off the two paintings.  Surprise, surprise!  I was handed $$$$ for another painting that had sold.  That was a very profitable lunch!   Here is a photo of "Flamboyant Foliage" my newest painting.
The biggest surprise was when I found out which painting had sold.  It was one of my desert scene paintings.  Roger had talked me into showing it at the cafe.  I didn't think Southwest themed paintings would sell here. He was right and I was wrong. I will take one of my cactus paintings the next time I go for lunch.  Here is the one that sold.  "Desert Oasis" is one of my Tucson award winning paintings.
It has been a busy week with all the home improvement projects. We have a contractor working on the front porch and Brian came to help build the shelving unit for my basement stairway.  Here are a few photos of the works in progress.
They poured the footer last week then came today and poured the pad for the porch.
It will have to dry for about a week before they can start construction on the porch.  In the mean time we will have to enter the house through the garage.

 The first photo is of Roger & Brian constructing the boxes which will make up the shelves and the second photo is of the boxes in place on the stairway wall.  They are anchoring them down as I am writing this.  All the trim work will be installed and the finished painting will be done in the next day or so.  Brian said they would have to dry for a couple of days before I can start decorating them with all the stuff I have collected.  I can't wait to get started.

Before he leaves, Brian will help Roger install the ceiling in his stained glass studio.  I am excited to see all these projects being worked on.  We are already thinking of our next project which will be a re-do of the downstairs powder room.  We are having such fun working on this house!!

No comments: