Sunday, August 18, 2013

Everything's Coming up Roses!

"Why so many paintings of a large red rose?", you ask.  The main reason I paint so many roses is because every thing I paint them on sells!  The other reason is because  I enjoy painting them.  I can do a rose painting in a fairly short time and the color palette is simple.  I took these items with me on our trip and while my husband and son were busy installing the window I painted them.  I only need four colors not counting the black background.  That made it easy to pack a small painting bag to take with me.  Since I sold the last rose bowl at the gallery I needed another to replace it.  Painting the rose on the Mexican Domino Train Station is something new.  I have painted hundreds of those things but never with a rose so I thought I would try it.  Here are photos of the newest rose items.

I finished the first large Surreal Saguaro painting that was a commissioned job yesterday and framed it today.  It is ready for the new owner to pick it up.  I will post a photo of it tomorrow.

No comments: