Thursday, August 22, 2013

Doodles in color

Here are the colored doodles I promised to post a couple of days ago.  These are done with fine tip colored Sharpies.  I think I like the black and white ones better. 
I will put my sketch pad and Sharpies away until we take another trip and get back to painting.  I have to say doing the doodling is a fun way of passing time when it isn't possible to paint but I enjoy painting much more. 
The large saguaro painting I posted a few days ago was picked up today by the couple who commissioned it.  They were very happy with it.  I am about half way through the other large painting.  Once that is done I will get back to smaller paintings and items for the Sun City Art Festival in November.  So much going on with the SAAG Gallery, and my upcoming exhibition at the Oro Valley Library starting Sept.   The time crunch is upon me.  Must get busy for the Festival!!

No comments: