Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mandevilla

Mandevilla
8X10

Leslie's photo of her mandevilla
I haven't posted for awhile because I went through a dry phase. I lost my motivation and went through a "painters block".  That was the bad news.  The good news is that I got some spring cleaning done during that time. I now have my "mojo" back and am painting again.

  The above painting is one I did for my daughter-in-law Leslie.  The frame is an antique that was built by her grandfather.  She wanted a painting of her Mandevilla plant.  She gave me a photo of it and mentioned the photo shows the flowers a deep pink while in reality they were more red.  I decided to do them with the lattice as it makes a nice background.   I am now working on a painting for my grandson Michael which is very interesting. I'll post a photo when it is done.  I also have scheduled an arts and craft show for mid April.  You will here more about that in the near future.

No comments: