Wednesday, January 11, 2023

First Post of 2023, Happy Birthday to me!

 My father was a professional photographer and always took a picture of me on my birthday.  For a number of years, I have continued that tradition.  Here is my 80th birthday picture taken this morning.


I have not completed any paintings yet this year.  I have been having fun working on doodles.  I have been doodling for many years and have quite a few sketch books full of them.  I used to scan them into the computer but stopped doing that a while ago.  At the first of the year, I decided to scan each doodle when I complete it and start posting them here.  These are the ones I have done so far this year.


My friends Vikki and Carolyn asked me how I created my doodles, and I explained that I just randomly draw some squiggles or shapes in pencil then use a fine tip Sharpie to fill in all the blanks.  I had them draw some squiggles and shapes on a page in my book and I worked on it for a few days and finished it on 1-1-23.


A few days later I had my daughter-in-law, Leslie do some squiggles for me, and this is what I came up with.  If you look closely, you may see some fruit and veggies. I completed this one on 1-4-23.


This is one I did on my own.  I started with a base of circles and straight lines.  It was finished on 1-7-23.


I just finished this today, 1-11-23.  My friend Gay did the squiggles for me.

Some people suggested that I frame and sell them, but I like keeping the originals and the price of making copies and buying mats and frames would make the cost more than I could sell them for. Also, I have had someone ask me to teach a class on how to do them and I am considering it but have not made a final decision yet.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

No comments: