Thursday, August 9, 2018

A walk around the neighborhood

It is four weeks ago today that we moved into our townhouse in NC.  We have accomplished quite a bit in that time.  All the boxes have been opened and most are unpacked.  Some walls have been painted but there is lot more painting to be done both on the main level and upstairs. 

I mentioned in my last post that our son Brian came for a week shortly after we moved in to help with some projects.  He plans to come again next week to continue to help us.  This past weekend our son Mark and his wife Leslie came to visit for 5 days and also helped with some projects.  They lived in this area for three years so were able to introduce us to some new restaurants.  I'll do a post sometime on all the great places to eat that are close to us.

Our list of things to do seems to be never ending but that is okay because we enjoy the remodeling process.  We have new appliances on order and they will come next week.  I am still moving furniture and decorative items from here to there trying to decide where they look best.

 It will be awhile before I set up my art studio but at least I have did an inventory of all the boxes that are in the area I will be using.  I have unpacked most of them and are sorting things out and getting ideas of how I will arrange my work area. 

I am not ready to post pictures of our latest projects because we are still working on many of them.  In the mean time I thought I would give you a tour of our neighborhood.  We try to take a walk every morning and evening. Here are some photos I took while we were walking this morning.


I took this photo of the sun coming up over the trees as we were heading back towards our house at the end of our walk today.  The glare blocks out all the houses but you can see that we live on a tree lined street.


This is the tree that is between our townhouse and the one next to us.  We are the corner unit with a street in the front and side of our lot.  We still can't get our car in the garage because of all the boxes full of Roger's tools, etc.  Roger is a very organized person and if you have seen the photos of his workshop in past posts you will see what he hopes to have here.  He plans to use half of the garage as his work area.  Like my art studio, it will be sometime in the future that he will get it done.



Our side of the street is town houses and the other side of the street are single family homes.  These are a couple that are across from us.


The neighborhood pool is on the corner of the other end of our block.  We have not used it yet.  We have been too busy with our projects.  One of these days we will get there. 


This last photo is of some of the trees that line the streets of our neighborhood.  It is such a beautiful, peaceful place.  We enjoy our walks.  In MI we also took walks and it was very pretty but we did not have much choice of where to walk.  Every walk was the same route.  What we like here is that we can vary where we walk. Every time we go out we head in a different direction.

I'll do another post in a couple of weeks and by that time I should have photos of some of the work we have done.  Hopefully I can get my art studio set up soon and start painting again.  For the time being my artistic side is being an interior decorator! 


No comments: