Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day 2018

I have been working on some functional items in the past few weeks.  Around the time they were finished I got a commission for a painting from a previous customer from CA.  I am going to show you all these items on today's post.

These three pieces seem appropriate for Valentine's Day because they all feature flowers.  The first is a 12" wooden plate.


Next is a 7" high pedestal bowl.  I am posting two photos so you get a better idea of what it looks like.



And....as always on Valentine's Day....a red rose painting.  This one is on a small 5" bowl.


I no sooner finished these projects when I got a commission via email from a customer who wanted an ocean/beach scene.  I had a 8X10 of "Beacon of Hope" so sent her a photo.  She liked the subject but wanted a larger size in a blue frame.  She said 11X14 was the perfect size.  I had a nice frame that size and refinished it in blue and painted a new version of "Beacon of Hope" to fit the frame.  I mailed it yesterday and it should arrive in CA next Tuesday. 


The first two winters here in MI were pretty mild snow wise but this year we have been hit hard.  I mention this because we were snowed in for 3 days and I never left the house.  I spent all my time in my studio working on this painting.  When I looked out my window all I saw was snow building up but doing this beach scene painting cheered me up!  We are really missing Tucson this winter.

No comments: