Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What I did with spare time on my trip

I took another trip so if you are a follower of my blog you know what that means.  Zantangle Doodles!  That is what I do when I have time to fill.  This time we flew instead of driving.  Usually I doodle when I am riding in the car but since I had a good book to read while flying I did not doodle on the plane.  I got my sketch pad out during the down times between activities and did my doodling then.  Here is what I did.

I was gone for five days.  I spent the morning today catching up with things I needed to do because I had been gone.  I am now ready to get back to painting.  I have an artist box that is 24X24 that I base coated before I left.  I decided that is what I am going to work on next.  It has been a long time since I did a geometric abstract so that is what I am going to paint.  I have a design in mind which takes a lot of measuring and taping.  When I paint one area I must wait until it dries before I can tape off another area to paint so I will also work on another project while I am waiting for paint to dry.  I will use that time to base coat some more domino train stations.  The Sun City Art Festival is over four months away but that time will go quickly and I need lots of inventory so I will be working towards having a supply of new art for that show.  My best seller is the domino train stations so that is why I will work on them first.

No comments: