Sunday, March 30, 2014

A week's worth of work

This past week was pretty hectic for me.  I was working on a self imposed deadline.  Today was the day I wanted to have everything completed.  Yeah!!  I did it.  So here is what is going on.  This afternoon I have to be at the SAAG Gallery to take down my previous display and help check in all new artists and make sure they have filled out their inventory sheets correct.  We go straight to the airport from the gallery to pick up a grand-daughter from MI who will spend the week with us.  She will overlap another grand-daughter and her friend who is from NM.  On Friday we drive to NM to pick them up and visit with my daughter and family.  Next Sunday the MI visitor flies home and the following week end we take the NM visitors back home.  If you are following this.....it means two weeks of company and two trips to NM.  We have been looking forward to having these visitors and I wanted to be free to enjoy their stay.  That is why I wanted to make sure I was caught up on all my work before they came.  Here is what I did in the past week to make that happen.  I finished a large commissioned painting, painted 5 Mexican domino train stations (one of which was commissioned), and completed another painting I wanted for the new SAAG session.  Along with that I had to design my new layout for the gallery and make all the price tags and labels for what I will be showing and fill out the new inventory sheets and pack everything up for hanging on Monday afternoon.  It is all done and ready with an hour to spare.  Here are photos of the art I did this week minus the large commissioned painting.  I don't want to post that photo until after the customer picks it up.
This is a new version of "Desert Dwellers" size 14X11.  It is one of my more popular paintings.  I have sold every one I have painted so it was time for a new one.

I have not shown any train stations at the gallery in the past so decided to make a sign showing how they are used and also letting the customer know they can be hung on the wall when not in use.  Below are photos of the others that painted for the show.


This blue one is sold already so will not be at the gallery.  
Once the large commissioned painting is picked up I will post a photo.





No comments: