Friday, June 7, 2013

Polycrylic Done!

I know you have seen these items in past posts.  I take photos of them before I apply the protective coats of polycrylic because the gloss causes a reflection from the flash.  You can see it on some of these items.  I am posting this photo just to show that I did get the job done today.  I mentioned in yesterday's post that I usually procrastinate because it is not a job I am fond of doing.  I actually put the first coat on last night then the 2nd and 3rd coats today.  Job done! 
Below are two paintings that I had completed before I painted the above items.  They also needed the polycrylic finish.  In the case of paintings I do not take photos until they have the polycrylic coat.  I photograph them in a special area I have set up with good lighting so I don't need the flash thus no reflection.  These are smaller paintings that I will show at the Sun City Art Fair in the fall.  I am working on a couple of small desert scenes which may be done tomorrow.
Sepia Cactus
8X10
 
Images of Arizona
9X12


No comments: