Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another Talavera Saguaro

Back in May I posted a photo of a painting I called Talavera Saguaro which was based on Mexican Talavera Pottery.  It sold in a few days to someone from the Tucson area who saw it on this blog.

 A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Tony from MA who came across my blog while searching the web for paintings. He wanted to buy it but since I had already sold the original he decided to  commissioned me to paint another for him.  During the time I was working on the painting  we exchanged emails and I discovered he is also an artist.  He is a musician and singer.  We  have become a mutual admiration society.  I love his music and he loves my art!

 He sent me the above photo of the painting so I could see it in it's new home.  I was blown away by how well it matches his decor.  Keep in mind I had no idea of the color scheme of the room where it would be hanging.

 The whole experience has been fun for me.  I made a new friend all the way across the country because he found my art on the Internet.

 I'd like to share his music with you so just click the links below to hear Tony Gubelman singing Cara Mia and to also hear the band he belongs to, "Billy G and the Blue Zone"
http://www.youtube.com/user/namlebug#p/u/5/gYugbF-R9aA

http://www.youtube.com/user/namlebug#p/u/0/6yVnqW2Efis

If you are interested in their music check out iTunes or  amazon.com


Here is a close up of Tony"s Talavera


No comments: