Saturday, May 7, 2011

Calla Lilies in Black Vase


Calla Lilies in Black Vase
48X20
 
Side view of painting
 I have been busy the past few weeks with the things that come your way with everyday life.  I did have time for some painting though.  Here is my latest work.  My daughter-in-law Sarah requested this painting.  She and Brian have recently moved to a loft apartment in downtown  San Antonio.  She sent me a photo of a wall pop-out with the measurements so I could make the painting the perfect size for the space.  She told me the subject matter and colors that she wanted.  This is what I came up with. It is a large painting (48X20) done on a panel box.  I love the red, black and white color pallet.  I like the painting so much that I think I will do another one to sell at my next show.  I also plan to do a few smaller paintings in the same color scheme for Sarah as a little surprise. We will be visiting them soon and will deliver the painting.  I will post a photo of it in their apartment at a later date.  I look forward to seeing their new place and enjoying their urban lifestyle.  Can't wait to do the river walk again!

No comments: