Saturday, December 18, 2010

A new painting completed!

Virgin of Guadalupe
18X24 unframed
24 X30 in frame
I have been planning this painting in my head for months but I was just too busy with commission work to do it.  I finally had the time to convert my vision to canvas. I thought it was appropriate to have a painting of the virgin done just in time for Christmas.  I was pleased with how the painting came together and am thinking of doing another one in a different color scheme.  I am thinking a royal purple background with a blue robe and keeping the dress red.  I may put red roses in the corners.  I did a lot of research on the Virgin of Guadalupe before I painted her and almost all the paintings other artists have done are very similar the only difference being  in the color scheme.  I decided to keep the tradition.  There is quite an interesting history to the Virgin of Guadalupe.  I suggest you do a Google search and see why she is so honored in Mexico.

I would  like to take this opportunity to wish all my friends and blog followers a very Merry Christmas and may God bless you in the New Year.  Also, today is my husband Roger's birthday so Happy Birthday Honey!


No comments: