Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Dogs & More

I have been very busy since my last post 20 days ago.  It seems my life has gone to the DOGS.  That is my painting life!  I had commissions for 3 domino train stations with paintings of dogs.  Two of the dogs are pets of a customer from IN.  The other one is a dog that is owned by a friend of a friend.  My friend here in NC dog sits occasionally for one of her friends.  She had me do a painting of this dog to give to her friend as a gift.


Meet Keika above and Dog below.  Yes his name is Dog.  These are the two that live in IN.


This next one is Wubzie who is in NC


I also had a commission for a Fun Flowers train station from another person in IN who previously lived in Vicksburg, MI and was familiar with my work when I had it in the gallery there.


I painted a round box that I will show in the BAL Gallery here.  I painted the box black and the design in white.  It looks like a lacy doily. 


I have a number of Christmas parties to attend and have to bring something for a gift exchange.  I painted this double sided pedestal sign for one of the parties.



I painted this small bowl for the other party.


Now that my commission and gift painting is done I am free to work on some new canvas painting.  My inventory of painting is at the lowest it has ever been in many years so I must get busy on a new collection of wall paintings.  I just completed this one that I think I will call "Leafy Splendor". 


I painted the back ground on two more canvases.  One is 16X20  and will have a peacock as the subject.  The other is a square the size of the one above.  I have not decided what the subject will be on that one.  I am tossing around the idea of doing a prickly pear cactus in bloom.  I have seen some prickly pear cactus growing in a few neighbors yards on our street so I know they grow in NC. 

As always, I'll post photos of my new work when it is completed. 


No comments: