Tuesday, October 23, 2018

"Mr. Hoots" is back with his friend "Hoots in Boots"

I have some new art that I am showing at the BAL Gallery.  The Burlington Artist League has a great website.  I now have a bio posted there.  Go to Exhibiting Artists and look for my name to see it. Here is the website address:
  https://www.balartist.com/


 This is the new version of "Mr. Hoots" that I did for the gallery.  This one is 11X14 on stretch canvas.


I've done a number of "Mr. Hoots" paintings in the past few years. My inspiration for this subject came in 2015 shortly after we moved to Michigan.  My grand-daughter Samantha who was 16 at the time bought a wooden owl and asked me to paint it for her in my colorful style.  Here are before and after photos.



We called him "Hoots in Boots".  I had fun painting him and decided to do an owl painting on canvas.  That was my inspiration for "Mr. Hoots".  Samantha keeps telling me that I should to a painting of Mr. Hoots wearing the boots.  I think she is right.  I will put that on my list of future paintings.

I also completed three boxes that I took to the gallery along with the painting.  Two are round and one is oval.






I love painting the intricate designs that are on the first two boxes so am now working on an 11X14 painting that features this style of designs.

 I have never been sure what to call these designs so I did a little research and found they are a mandala which is a complex abstract design that is usually circular in form.

That is not to be confused with the Mandela effect which is where many people remember something clearly that actually never really happened.  Two popular theories on the Mandela effect are time travel or a parallel universe.  I thought I would throw that in to let you know the kind of things you can find when you do internet research!

Occasionally my husband and I think we may be in an alternate universe meaning our being here in North Carolina.  We often ask each other "How did we get here?"   We knew when we moved to Michigan we would eventually leave and move somewhere warmer we just didn't think it would be this soon.  Six months ago we were not even thinking of moving but suddenly things changed and our house sold in 3 days and here we are living in this new place.  I guess you really never know what God has planned for your life.

No comments: