Friday, October 5, 2018

First paintings done in my new NC home studio.

Life in NC has been very busy.  We have been here eleven weeks.  In that time we have met many new people and got involved in many activities.  We  have found a church and a Sunday School class, we bowl in a couple's league and I bowl in a ladies league.  We have started taking ballroom dancing lessons.  I joined the Burlington Artist League and now have my art in their gallery.  I have entered their regional art competition and have begun training sessions to work in the gallery. 

I will post photos of the gallery next week.  The opening reception for the art competition is on Sunday.  I'll be attending and will take photos then.

I have completed 5 art projects in the past few weeks.  You will probably recognize the subject matter.  Since no one here has seen my art I decided to start with things I have painted in the past that have been good sellers. 

The first is my signature "Endless Rose" painting.  Size on this one is 22X22.

 While working on this painting I "christened" my new art studio.  I accidentally dropped a jar of red paint.  The paint flew everywhere.  It was on the floor, my CD player, my chair and all over me.  It looked like a blood bath.  Roger was working in the garage so I called him on the cell phone and told him to come up to my studio because I needed his help.  I told him not to panic when he saw me because it was paint and not blood.  We were able to soak up most of the paint but the red stains will be there forever.  Luckily my CD player still works even though it is now red.  I'm glad I had enough foresight to cover the carpeted floors with rubber mats.  My new art studio is no longer pristine.  It looks like I have been working there for years.


Next is "Mare & Foal" size 11X14


The third painting is "Rooster Reveille" which is also 11X14


All of these paintings are on stretch canvas.  I did not bring any frames with me and have only gotten a few at garage sales since I got here.  For that reason I will be painting on stretch canvas for awhile.

Not long after I started work on the first painting I received an email from someone in Surprise, AZ with a request for 2 of my domino train stations.  They were special order so I took a break from the canvas painting to do them.  Here are photos of both.



It is over three years since I moved away from AZ and I am still getting orders for the train stations!

No comments: