Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Home remodel update and hurricane information.

We have been in NC for two months.  If you have watching the news you know we are in the path of Hurricane Florence.  We are close to 200 miles from the coast and have no mandatory evacuation orders so we are going to ride it out.

18 years ago our daughter Kim started college in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Less than a month after she got there Hurricane Hugo hit that area.  We are beginning to wonder if we are hurricane magnets!  Joking aside, we have done everything they recommend to be prepared for long power outages. The hurricane should hit land later Thursday or Friday.  We should feel the effects shortly after that. I'll keep everyone updated as long as we have power.

We have finished all the wall painting in the main downstairs area of our townhouse.  Everything is unpacked and we have a new stove and refrigerator and microwave.  There are still more projects that we want to do like new counter tops and installing tile on the kitchen floor but we will do those sometime in the future.  We want to get our work shops set up first.  Here are some photos of the freshly painted great room area and our office.

This is the view standing by the front door looking into the entry hall.

This is the great room which includes the living room, dining room and kitchen.  The two arched doorways lead to the office.


This is the office.  The title of the painting is "Stormy Sky" which seems appropriate for a hurricane heading our way.


This is the dining area with the kitchen to the right.


Here is another view of the kitchen and the stairway leading upstairs to the loft and guest room.  You also can see the front hall and the angled wall which leads to the hall with the garage door, powder room and laundry room. 

As you look at each room you will see paintings that have moved with us from Tucson to MI and now here to NC.  In fact I have one that I did when we lived in Ohio over 50 years ago. Here is a photo of that painting which has hung in a prominent place in each one of our homes.




Here are our new appliances and the new back splash.  Roger did all the work. 

Roger is installing a pegboard wall in my loft studio.  It should be finished this afternoon.  I will start working on setting up my painting area as soon as he is done.  It should not take me long to do.  I will be able to start to work on art soon.  I have an incentive because I discovered the Burlington Artist League Gallery in the Holly Hill Mall.  I have joined the league and hope to start showing art in the gallery soon. 

My next post should be photos of my new studio and new art that I have created!





No comments: