Friday, March 9, 2018

New Paintings both large and small

I have not produced a lot of art since the first of the year mainly because we were busy remodeling our master and guest bathrooms. What I have done are a couple of commissions and one large painting  for my new display at the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center.  Other than that I have been working on tiny paintings. 

Here is the large painting which I titled "Calla Lily Trio".  The size is 22X22.

 Here is my VACA display.  I featured calla lily paintings along with craft items and my fun flowers chair and painting.



Since most of what I sold at the holiday show were smaller items I decide to do a "tiny art" series.  Here are the three newest additions.  These are size 6X6 on canvas. I sell them with the easels.





I am still curious as to why a 22X22 painting appears as the same size as a 6X6 painting  when posted here.  Oh, well that is just the way it is. 

This is the first year since we moved from AZ to MI that we have had a really bad winter.  We had lots of snowfalls and the snow just piled up.  When it finally melted we had floods in town.  Lately we have had some 50 degree days followed by 30 degree days.  This week has been on the cold side.  Prior to this year the weather has not bothered us and we did not miss AZ but this year we said "what were we thinking?'  Don't get me wrong, we love our life here but the winter was not fun.  On, the other hand, I remember those 110 degree and higher days in AZ and those were not fun either.  That was when we would travel to get away from the hot temps.  So, now we plan to take a trip to visit a friend in FL for a week to get away from the cold for a short time.  Hopefully spring will be here when we get back.

I recently bought 6 more tiny canvas which I will paint when we get back from our trip.  So far I have done patterns that I have done in larger versions that I know will sell.  I may get creative and try out some new ideas for this series. 


No comments: