Monday, November 6, 2017

New Craft items

Where does the time go?  I am in panic mode.  I just realized I have less than two weeks until I have to set up my booth for the Three Rivers Artist Guild Holiday Show.  I have been trying to get smaller items done which I accomplished except that some of then sold from home before I had a chance to show them.  Also, I had to take some of the items I had planned display at the holiday show to the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center.  They are having a big fund raiser auction this coming weekend so I decided I should have some new items at the gallery.  I promised I would leave them through the holiday season.  That means I have to spend much time in my studio this week and next painting for the holiday show. 

Here are photos of my latest work.  I completed two domino train stations.  A lighthouse and a blue jay. 


We had out of town company over the weekend and one of my guests bought both of these items for Christmas gifts.  That means I'll have to paint new ones with the same pattern.  I may do two of the lighthouse as they seem to be popular around here.  I also sold a painting I did a few weeks ago to someone who saw it here on my blog.  She is from CA and was a previous customer.  The painting is "Fruit and Flowers".  I am working on a new version and should finish it today.  Here is the one that I sold.

I did a lighthouse painting on a 9" wooden plate so at least I can show this one at the holiday show.


I did one more project since my last blog post.  This is something that I have wanted to do for years.  As you know, my husband Roger makes stained glass windows.  Over the years I have not allowed him to throw away any scrap glass because I wanted to try doing mosaics.  The problem is I just never got around to it because I really wasn't sure how to do it.  I mentioned this to one of the art guild members who does mosaics and she invited me to come to her house with a few others to learn the process.  This is my first mosaic piece which I will keep for myself.  Now that I know the basics I will play around with it when I have time.  Here is my very first mosaic piece.


I better get off of the computer and get to work.  I don't have anything on the schedule for today except to paint.  I may take a break later this afternoon to go to Health Trax.  I hope to get there at least 4 times a week.  We were able to take a mile walk almost everyday during the summer but now that cold weather is here we made the decision to join the fitness center.  I spend too much time sitting and painting so must get some exercise every day and going to the gym is the best way to do that.

No comments: