Thursday, October 5, 2017

A Few Small Items and a sweet great-grand-daughter

I took a short trip last weekend.  We went to Dayton to meet our great-grand-daughter Adaleia Lynn who came with her mom Megan and dad Paul from Hawaii for a family visit.  She is Brian and Sarah's grand-daughter. She is 7 months old and such a cute happy baby.

I started working on some small items for the Three Rivers Art Guild holiday show before we left for the trip and finished a few more after we came back.  I mentioned in my last post that I had gotten some old wood from our grand-daughter Stacy's farm.  I had Roger cut the old oak board into small sections.  Here are a few tiny paintings that I will sell with the easels.

I stained the two on the end.  The fruit and flower painting is on a grey stained board and the owl is on a medium brown stained board.  I left the one in the middle natural but painted the oval black.  I did one more painting on a slightly larger oak board that is stained dark brown.  The painting is of a lighthouse.  I drilled holes and ran a jute cord through the holes and knotted it so that it can be hung on the wall.

When I was on vacation in August in NC I found this unpainted  swan in a thrift shop.  It also hangs on the wall.  I painted it in my patchwork style.

Since October is breast cancer awareness month I did something to honor that.  I have a stack of domino train stations that my son Mark cut for me so I decided to paint a pink rose on one of them and use the pink ribbon as trim around the edges. 

I really like the way this one turned out.  I think I will do a canvas painting featuring pink roses and ribbons. 

Before I start another painting I have to take time to finish framing the canvas paintings I did in the past month.  I put them in the frames but have never finished the backs with paper and wires.  I'll do that later today then will start work on more small stuff and the rose canvas painting.

No comments: