Wednesday, October 25, 2017

3 new works of art

I have had lots going on the past few weeks but still had time to get three paintings completed.  The first one is an 10X8 painting of the pink rose and ribbons that I did on a domino train station.  I mentioned in my last post that I thought I would do it on canvas as a tribute to October being breast cancer awareness month.  I titled it "Hope for a Cure".

The second project was a small version of "Forest Royalty" done on barn wood.  Maybe I should say "faux" barn wood since it is really paneling that looks like barn wood.  Size on this one is 8X6.


The last painting is a large 19X31 painting called "Kaleidoscope Garden".  It is a version of a painting that I did in 2007 that won third place and People's Choice Award in the very first art exhibition  that I ever entered.  I  sold it the night of the opening reception and got a commission to paint another one for a lady who eventually commissioned me to do many more paintings. When I was trying to decide what to do for this large frame I remembered what success I had with the original version 10 years ago so thought it was time to do another one.  As always, for some reason, the photo of large paintings always look smaller then the small paintings when I post it here on this blog.

No comments: