Thursday, September 14, 2017

Lighthouse Collection

It is 8 days since my last post and in that time I completed 5 lighthouse paintings.  I mentioned in my last post that I have had people ask me if I had paintings of lighthouses so that is why I decided that my next project would be to do a collection of  paintings featuring lighthouses.  My only experience in painting lighthouses was in 2008 which were for an Air Force chapel in Iraq.  It is a long story of how this came about.  I think I will save the story for another post which I will do soon. For this post I will show a  photo of me with the paintings that went to Iraq.  This was taken in November of 2008. The chapel was called the Lighthouse Chapel which is the reason the subject of two of the paintings were lighthouses.

Here are photos of my new lighthouse paintings.  I'll post them in the order in which I painted them.  The first is titled "Lavish Lighthouse"  Size is20X9
Next I painted a smaller version of this same painting.  The size is 10X8.
As I mentioned before, smaller paintings always appear larger than the bigger paintings in this blog.  I have not figured out why this happens.

When trying to decide on how to do another lighthouse painting I remembered the ones I did for Iraq.  I did small versions based on those paintings.    The first is titled "Beacon of Hope" which is the title of the original painting.  The original was size 16X20 and this one is 8X10.
For the last canvas painting I used the idea of the lighthouse with a flower boarder similar to the 20X16 painting I did for Iraq.  I could not remember what I titled that painting so came up with the name "Lovely Lighthouse" for this one which is 10X8.  As you can see, I am still using alliteration in some of these titles.

My last project was to paint a lighthouse on a domino train station.
I think I am done with lighthouse painting for awhile.  I'm not sure what I will do next.  Maybe an abstract or a flower painting.  I love to paint flowers.

If I have time tomorrow I will do a post telling the story of how my paintings and Roger's stained glass windows ended up in the Air Force Lighthouse Chapel in Baghdad, Iraq.

No comments: