Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Barnyard Buddies", "Forest Family" and a new "Fancy Felines"

As you can see from the title of this post I like to use alliteration when I name my paintings.   You can also see that I paint a lot of "cutesy animals".  Since I moved to MI I have been doing more of them.  They seem to be popular here.  Although, when I think about it, I did a lot of them in AZ except that they were southwest animals.  I called them my Critter paintings.  I guess these new ones are still Critters just not the same type of critters.

Here are my new cute, colorful, critters.  (More alliteration.  I can't help it!)  If you click on the painting you will see an enlarged version.


The one above is "Barnyard Buddies" and the one below is "Forest Family". In reality the one above is much bigger.  It is 11X14 and the one below is 9' square.  Notice the old rustic frames.  I thought they were the perfect match for these two paintings.


You have seen a version of this next one before.  It is "Fancy Felines".   I sold the previous one so decided to do another. Size is 11X14.


If you scroll down the page to my last post you will see the first one that I painted a few months ago.

I have started work on a lighthouse painting.  At the last two shows I had a number of people who asked if I had any paintings of lighthouses.  I did not realize how many lighthouses were in MI and how many people collected lighthouse items. For that reason I decided to  use them as new subject matter.


No comments: