Tuesday, September 26, 2017

3 Paintings, Abstract, Still Life and Symmetrical Design.

I finished three more paintings in the past 12 days.  After painting so many lighthouse paintings I was in the mood to do something different.  The first painting is an abstract.  When I do an abstract I don't have a plan.  I just "go for it" not sure what the results will be. In this case I put texture on the canvas then sponged the color over the texture.  I thought it needed something else I so drizzled the white over the base color.  When I was done I looked at it and thought "Fire and Ice".  That is what I titled this painting.


The next painting I did is a traditional still life.  I adapted a pattern I had done on slate to fit a canvas.  There is no fancy name for this one.  It is simply "Fruit and Flowers".

It had been awhile since I had done a symmetrical design painting so that is what I did for the final one.  I love doing the detail and design work on this kind of painting.  It looks complicated and time consuming but it isn't.  There is a lot of dot work but it is fun.  This is why I was given the nickname of  the Dot Lady.  I call this one "Ornamental Arrangement".  I've use that title before for a similar type of painting.  I decided to use it again because I couldn't think of something new and interesting.

I'm starting to think ahead to the Three Rivers Art Guild Holiday Show.  Now that September is almost over Christmas will be here in no time so I must prepare.  I know that smaller, lower priced items sell so that is what I am working on.  I picked up a few craft items on my trips this summer and have already started work on them.  I also went to my grand-daughter's farm and got some old barn wood and a nice piece of old weathered oak from her.  I will be doing some tiny easel paintings and some small hanging paintings on this wood.  When I get some of these done I will post photos of them.

No comments: