Saturday, July 1, 2017

Three Painted Hand Saws

In the past two weeks I have been painting three hand saws which are commissioned jobs for Countryside Creation.  It has been a long time since I painted a saw.  The most recent was about 5 years ago and before that it was over 30 years ago.  That was back in the day when I only painted craft items and was a tole painting teacher.  That was a long time ago but they say, "What goes around comes around" so here I am painting saws again.  Here is the photos of the most recent hand saw paintings.  The first one I call "Down on the Farm".  Don't forget to click on the photo to see a close-up.

The next one is a version of "Phantom Herd".

The third saw is one of my "Fun Flowers".  I do not have a pattern for this one.  I free hand the drawing on the saw with a chalk pencil.  I always have fun painting fun flowers!

Today is July 1 so I want to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July.  We are going to have a mini family reunion this holiday weekend.  Our two sons and their wives will be here.  Brian & Sarah are now living in Dayton, OH and Mark and Leslie live in NC.  Our daughter Kim lives here here.  It will be nice to all be together.

I have not decided what I will paint next.  I have some slate that I got at a yard sale that is cleaned and ready for paint.  Slate painting is another Blast from the Past.  I did many slate paintings in the 80's. They were very popular back then.  I have also been tossing and idea for a canvas painting around in my head. I'm just not sure what I will do next.  I'll wait until all the company is gone then see what I am in the mood to paint.

No comments: