Sunday, July 16, 2017

Five slate paintings plus one framed canvas painting.

I have two one day shows coming up the first weekend in August.  I mentioned in a previous post that I had some slate that I bought at a yard sale.  I decide these shows would be the perfect place to display some slate paintings.  Back 35 plus years ago when I was in Ohio I sold many paintings on slate.  At that time most of the patterns I painted were of Amish kids.  That was very popular in the 70's and 80's.  Since I live in Amish country again I debated on using some of those designs but decided to go with what has been selling recently.  Here are new smaller versions of subject matter you have seen before on canvas that are now done on slate.





I also did a new 8X10 canvas painting called "Sunflowers in Burgundy Vase"

I'm not sure what I will paint next.  I still have some more slate.  Maybe I will dig out some of those old Amish patterns and do one just to see if there is any interest.  I have to think about that.

In my last post I mentioned we were going to celebrate the 4th of July with our family.  Here is a picture of Roger and me with our sons and their wives and our daughter.  It was so nice to all be together again.

No comments: