Saturday, June 10, 2017

Two cow skulls, Mr. Hoots and stained glass cross panel

I finished the two cow skulls that were a commissioned job for Countryside Creations.  It was a fun project.  I am posting two photos of each skull.  One shows the whole skull and the other is a close-up of the painting.




I also did another version of "Mr. Hoots" at the request of the owner of Countryside Creations.
I did not realize she wanted this painting for herself.  I thought she wanted it for the shop so was surprised when she paid me for it when I delivered it.

Another thing she requested which was for the shop was for Roger to do a stained glass panel of his choice.  Previous to this he only did commissioned windows but she was able to talk him into doing some thing for her shop.  He decided to do a cross.  The size of the panel is 16 X 12.  I took this photo on our front porch and liked the reflection it cast so did not crop it out of the photo.

Today proved to be profitable because besides being paid for the owl painting and the cow skulls I also sold a painting at home.  This morning a neighbor couple came to the house to buy my "Magnolia" painting.  This has always been one of my favorite paintings so I was happy to see it stay in the neighborhood.

I am now working on a new painting of three cats which I will call "Fancy Felines".  When it is finished I will then paint one of the hand saws which is a commission for Countryside Creations.

No comments: