Thursday, June 15, 2017

One new painting and our new flower box

I finished one  painting this week.  It is something new.  I did a trio of cats which I titled "Fancy Felines". Size on this one is 14X11.  I refinished the frame from white to a dark brown.

I am now ready to start painting the three hand saws that are commissioned by Countryside Creation.  Roger did the prep work for me.  The rust had to be sanded off and then a coat of rustproof primer applied.  He did that and now they are ready for me to paint.

The last home improvement project photos that I posted were of our powder room.  Since then Roger built a flower box around our front porch.  We planted it a few weeks ago.  Here are some photos of the completed project along with one of our new porch furniture and cushions.


If you have been following along with the saga of our remodeling projects which I have been posting since we made the move to MI you know that the construction of our new front porch was completed last October.  The weather turned cold soon after it was done so we didn't have much chance to enjoy sitting on the porch.  Now that it is summer we are finally are able to spend time relaxing there.  We still have to reseed the front yard as the grass got torn up during construction.  We may have to wait to do that because the weather has been too hot to plant the seeds.  Here is a photo of me on the porch swing.

I'm not sure what our next home project will be.  The basement and first floor are completed.  We have painted and decorated the two guest bedrooms.  Our bedroom paint is okay so I don't think we will do that.  We installed a new toilet and sliding glass shower doors in our master bath.  We are talking about putting down tile and doing a new longer vanity which will include a sit down area for me to use for applying makeup.  I had that in our Tucson home and loved it.  I prefer that over having two sinks.  I see no reason for each of us having our own sink because we never use the bathroom at the same time.  Other projects include painting our loft office and maybe removing the carpet and installing hardwood.  We have a large window at the top of the stairs that could use stained glass. Our upstairs guest bath could use painted and maybe a tile floor. There are a few more outside projects that we have talked about doing.  We are taking all of these things under consideration but have not made up our minds on what to do or when to do it.  Some of these things would be good winter projects.  I'll keep you updated once we decide what to do next.

I'm not sure who sees my blog but I know I get lots of hits so I hope you enjoy what you read.  I don't get many comments but that is okay.  For me, doing this blog is my way of documenting my art and a journal of our home improvement projects.  Every so often I go back to the beginning and scroll through all the posts.  Doing this brings back memories of when my art career took off and of the many shows I have done and painting I have sold and the people who bought them.  More recently I see the adventure of our move to Michigan and starting over in a new place with my art and the fun of remodeling our new home.

Thanks to those who read my blog and may God bless you in the way Roger and I feel we have been blessed by Him.

No comments: