Monday, March 6, 2017

Three commissioned jobs and one just for fun.

I got a commission from a customer at the Vicksburg Gallery who saw my "Fun Flowers" painting and wanted one like the original and a matching companion piece.  Since I didn't have an exact matching canvas, I had to start from scratch with two art board boxes which Roger made.  I painted the first as close to the painting she saw at the gallery as I could.  I then did the companion painting of the same pattern using the same color pallet but on different areas.  When I framed them I flipped the second painting in a different direction.  Here are photos of Fun Flowers 1 & 2.


My other commissioned job was from a woman from Mesa, AZ who had played dominos with some one who had one of my train stations.  She liked it so ordered one from me featuring a desert scene.  I used to paint many of them in AZ but this is the first desert scene I have painted since I moved to MI.


The other painting I did was inspired by the plate I painted with calla lilies in a vase.  I liked it so much that I decided to do a larger version on canvas.  I call this one "Calla Lilies in Chartreuse Vase".


Last weekend we took a short trip to Ohio to visit relatives.  While we were their I stocked up on paint at a local craft store.  Over the years I have done this on every trip we made to Ohio because they always seem to have a large selection of the brand and colors of paint that I prefer.  My next job is to clean my shop and restock my paint shelf.  This is not my favorite thing to do but once it is done I am happy because it is so much easier to work when things are organized although, it doesn't take me too long to have it a mess again!  Here are the two bags of paint that I bought. I'm guessing there are close to 50 bottles.



No comments: