Friday, January 27, 2017

My first paintings done in 2017

It has been over three weeks since my last post.  I finished two paintings and a domino train station since then.  I also have been under the weather with the flu.  The paintings were done before I got sick but I decided to wait to do a post until after the opening reception at the Carnegie Center for the Arts Regional Show which was last Sunday.  On Monday I woke up with the flu and had no ambition to do anything except lay on the couch and watch Netflix.  It is now Friday and I am feeling much better so decided to do this post now.

I'll start with the paintings.  The first is one that I started last year then set aside to work on the Surreal Saguaro painting that I featured in the last post.  Here is what I had completed when I stopped working on it.

It sat for over a month before I finally got back to it.  Here is the finished painting which I titled "Butterfly Garden".
My next piece was a special order domino train station for someone who winters in FL and wanted one featuring flamingos.
I then decided to do another version of "Peek-a-boo Kitty" because I sold the first one the day after I painted it.  It was bought at the Three Rivers Artist Guild Holiday Show by a couple who said it reminded them of their kitty.  Since it was so cute I painted another one.

I did not win a award at the Carnegie Show this year but was honored that all three of my entries were accepted.  Here are photos of me with each of the paintings.
I also wanted to mention that my grand-daughter Samantha has a painting hanging in a show at the Open Door Gallery in Sturgis, MI.  Here is Sam and her tiger painting.

No comments: