Sunday, November 27, 2016

Three Rivers Artist Guild Holiday Show

The opening for the Three Rivers Holiday Show was on Friday, November 25, 2016.  This is the first holiday show that I am doing since I moved to Michigan.  Here is my display.
There are 20 artists taking part in this show which will end on December 27th.  The gallery looks great with a variety of wonderful art.  I am getting to know the other guild members and am happy to be a part of this group.  I worked for the first time at the gallery today and find it is run almost identical as the gallery I was a part of in Tucson.  We had a special visitor stop by today and I had my photo taken with him.
I am happy to report that I sold a painting on the opening day of the show.  It was an 10x8 version of "Mare and Foal"
Since I had an empty spot in my display, I spent all day yesterday doing another version of this painting.   I took it to the gallery today to fill that empty spot.
Now I have another empty spot to fill because I sold another painting today.  It is one of my "Desert Dwellers" paintings which were so popular in Tucson.  I was surprised that some one from Michigan liked it!
I have a cross painting that is the perfect size to fit the new empty spot. It is called "Mexicali Cross".
I also sold 2 of my new mirror compacts that my grand-daughter Laura made with my art work on them.

It is a good start to have sold things in the first few days of the show.  I hope it keeps up.

No comments: