Thursday, November 3, 2016

A new horse painting, new functional items and a new front porch!

I completed a new horse painting and have been working on a new rose painting.  Here is a photo of the horse drawing on the canvas and the rose painting in progress.
I have been working on the "Endless Rose" painting on and off between doing other paintings.  I had every intention of the horse painting being a fierce stallion but that didn't happen.  The more paint I added the more feminine looking it became.  The he became a she!  I ended up with a girly looking filly so I decided to title the painting "Fabulous Filly."  Maybe I'll give another try in the future to get the look I had in my mind.  Here is the finished product.
I'm trying something new this year.  I have a grand daughter in GA who has a business called LPcreaets.  She is able to put images on all types of items.  I decided to have her use my art on some  of these items.  Here are some samples of the things I will be selling at the The Three Rives Artist Guild Holiday Exhibition.  I am only showing you things with the Endless Rose pattern.  I will have other images on these functional items.  Of course, I will also have many original paintings that I will be showing at the show too.  Here are samples of a cutting board, coaster, small metal print, mirror compact, and watch. (It was hard to get a good photo because of reflections.)
I can't do a blog post with out showing off our newest home improvement project. When we bought the house we had a small covered entrance stoop.  Over the years it had sagged on one side.  We knew it would have to be replaced so decided to do a full size front porch. This job was a little too big for us to do it ourselves.  We hired a contractor to do the work for us.  We are happy to say he did an excellent job.  We love our new front porch.  We also had our driveway widen.  It was a single driveway coming in then widen out in front of the second garage door.  It was a pain in the neck to back out so we had the driveway made a full two car width.  The workers who did both jobs were the best!  Here is a photo of the new porch and one of me enjoying the porch swing we installed.


No comments: