Monday, October 24, 2016

My most recent paintings,"Mr. Hoots" and "Fun with Flowers"

I completed two new paintings in the last week.  The first is based on the doodles I do when I am killing time while traveling or in a waiting room.  I have a few notebooks full of these.  If you go through my older post you will see many of them.  They are a lot like the adult coloring books that are so popular now.  I decided to do the doodle type of painting on a 16X16 stretch canvas.  I painted the canvas black then drew a pattern of crazy flowers on tracing paper which I transferred to the canvas.  I didn't have a plan in mind on what colors to use other than I  knew I wanted it to be very colorful.  I lost track of how many colors I used but I achieved my goal of a colorful painting. I had fun painting it so titled it "Fun with Flowers.  Here it is.

I have been thinking of doing a painting of an owl for awhile so that was my next project.  Here is "Mr. Hoots".  He was another fun project.  I think he has lots of personality!  Painting size is 14X11.

For those who are interested in our home improvement projects, here is an update on the newest one.  This is a job that we are not doing ourselves but hired a contractor to do for us.  We are having a front porch built onto our house.  The job should be done in a few days.  We are very happy with the great job our contractor is doing.  He is very detail orientated.  Since we do so much work ourselves, it is nice to have someone who can give us the quality of work that we want.  I'll post photos when it is done.

I won't do much painting for the next few days because we have friends from Tucson arriving tomorrow for a visit.  They had a funeral to go to in Grand Rapids which is about 70 miles from us.  We invited them to come see us on the way home.  Looking forward to seeing them and catching up on what is going on in Tucson.

No comments: