Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Study in Patchwork #1 and #2

I just finished a painting that I did for myself.  It is a larger version of one I did many years ago and had hanging in my Tucson house.  I did not give it a title at the time I painted it but, since I just did another one, I decided to call them "Study in Patchwork #1" and "Study in Patchwork #2".
 Here is #1 which is a 16X20 stretched canvas.
Number #2 is a 30X38 stretched canvas.
What is strange is that when photographed and cropped they appear to be the same size while in reality the bottom one is much larger.  Because of this I decide to take photos of them on display in my home so you can get some perspective of what they really look like.

Here is #2 hanging on the wall in the hall at the entrance of the stairway.
 I have #1 in my dining room on an easel,   Since these paintings are multi-directional I have it displayed vertically.
Seeing these two photos gives you a better idea of the real size.

I may decide to enter #2 in an exhibit in the future but for now it will be hanging in my hall.

No comments: