Monday, May 23, 2016

Rooster Reveille

My life seems to get busier as each week comes.  I know I was busy in Tucson but we had a weekly schedule and pretty much stuck to it.  We bowled a couple of times a week and I worked the gallery three times a month and we made time to go out to lunch with friends and go to gallery receptions. This still allowed us time to work on our art projects. We have a schedule here with once a week bowling and me having to work the Vicksburg gallery three times a month but so much other stuff seems to fill our time.  With home remodel projects and family functions we don't seem to have as much time for our art.  I'm not complaining because we moved here to be closer to family and we are enjoying every minute we spend with them.  This week I went to the zoo with my grand-daughter and her three little kids and spent a day working a farmers market with my daughter.  The previous week Roger put together a greenhouse for our daughter. This is a precious time for us because it is the first time since our kids left home that we have family living close by. We are seeing that our priorities have shifted with family coming first,  I might not be creating as much art as in the past but I still have some time to paint.  Here is the painting that I completed this week.
I call it "Rooster Reveille".  I have to tell you I had lots of fun painting this guy.  It is a new pattern that I have never done before.  So much of what I paint is a new version of a pattern that has sold in the past so when I come up with a new idea I enjoy the creative process.

I have started working on a bowl that I will be taking to the June Arts and Craft show.  I have a number of craft items I would like to get done for that show.  I'll post photos when I get them done.

The weather here has finally warmed up and the garage sales have started.  I was able to stock up on frames and got a number of interesting items that I will be painting.  Here is a photo of some of the bigger projects.
I will do the chairs as a matching set.  I will paint the seats with different patterns but something that will compliment each other.  I will probably save the chairs and do them later this year when winter sets in.  I hope to do the stool for the June arts and craft show.

Well....enough time on the computer.  I don't have any thing on the schedule for today except for painting so I better get to my shop and get some work done.

No comments: