Monday, May 16, 2016

Butterflies and Quilt Pattern

I have been busier than ever.  It has been hard to fine the time I would like to have to paint.  I am going to have to start getting up at 5 AM and paint for a couple of hours before breakfast like I did in Tucson.....or maybe not. It got light at 5 there so I felt like getting up early.  Here I would rather stay in bed.  On the other hand, it is still light at 9 at night while it got dark at 7 PM in AZ.   Guess I am going to have to do more painting in the evening.  Anyway, I did finish two paintings last week.  Here they are.
This one is another version of "Flight of Fancy.  Size is 9X20.
I call this one "Compass Point Quilt Inspired"  I based it on the Compass Point quilt pattern.  Size is 18" square

This past Saturday evening was the Three Rivers Artist Guild "Big Little Art Show"  It was a fund raiser for the guild done by silent auction.  I had four pieces in the show and all four sold.  I posted photos of my pieces in a previous post.  There was a nice turnout, a great band and good food.  Here is a composite photo of the event.
I have started work on a new painting which is of a rooster.crowing.  I am going to call it "Rooster Reveille"  After I finish it I will start working on some craft items.  I have signed up for an Art and Craft show on June 11 which means I have only a few weeks to get items painted.

No comments: