Thursday, March 31, 2016

My New Painting Studio

I'm finally making time to post photos of my new painting studio.  I'm happy to say I will be spending lots of time there.  I have to start building an inventory of paintings ready for exhibition opportunities that I anticipate will be coming up.  I sold one of the paintings that I had at LA's Cafe and also the one at the Vicksburg Gallery last week which means I have to hang replacements.  I also got a commission for two domino train stations today.  Glad I now have a functional place to work instead of at my dining room table.  Here is a photo of what that looked like.

Needless to say we didn't eat any meals at the table.  We ate at the kitchen island or more often on the couch in front of the TV.  Here is my new space.
I have a 10' counter with a stainless steel sink.  There is room for two work tables.  I will use the one covered in pink for my framing and the other covered in white to prep canvases.  Most of the walls are pegboard so I can hang frames and all my tools.  I have at least 18'feet of walls that are slat board that will display finished paintings.
This is my painting corner.  I have a comfortable chair.  I like to position my three little work surfaces in a U shape.  I have everything handy that I need while painting.  As you can see I have plenty of shelving for my paints and places for my brushes.  I have my phone handy in case it rings and have a lower shelf for my CD player that you can't see in this picture.  It is my own little corner of painting heaven!

 Next are photo of my display walls.  I have one that is just Southwest paintings.  The other walls currently hold paintings that I did while in Tucson.  Those will be replaced with all the new work that I do as a holding area until I hang them in the gallery or shows.

I have one more thing to show you.  This is a little 10 drawer unit that I have been coveting for awhile and finally broke down and bought  online.  It arrived today.  It is the perfect place for all my patterns.  After years of keeping them in file folders that got all messy and mixed up I have an organized system of storage.  I will be such a time saver.  I was always searching for what ever pattern I was looking for.  I labeled each drawer with the subject matter that it holds.  It will make life so much easier.  This studio will make painting so much more enjoyable.  A place for everything and everything in it's place.  Thanks so much to my husband Roger and son Brian for making it possible!

No comments: