Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Painted Furniture

Today I am posting pictures of furniture I painted over 10 years ago for our office/den in Arizona.  I am using this same furniture here in Michigan but not in our office.  Since this is a two story house with a completely different layout I had to find places to use it in the downstairs area.  We have our office in the loft area upstairs and bought new furniture for it.  I have the game table in the living room, the small cabinet in the kitchen area and the chest in an open area by the garage door.  At first I had planned to repaint the flower designs in a different color but when we had the kitchen installed I realized how well the current colors match so I am leaving them as is.  Here are the photos.
This is the game table with the new swag light we made from two different light fixtures.  As you can notice, I don't have any window treatments yet.  I left up the mini blinds that came with the house but those will eventually be gone.  I am not sure which direction I want to go with the windows.
This is a closeup of the game table top.  Roger built this table.
This is the chest.  It is about 3' long by 17' high.  I got it at a yard sale for $10.  It was solid black before I refinished it.
I'm not sure where I got this small cabinet but it was probably another yard sale item or maybe I bought it at Target.  What I do remember is it was solid white before the refinish.  

In my last post I mentioned I would be painting a napkin holder.  So far I got it base coated but haven't painted a design on it because I can't decide what I want.  Too many decisions to make when re-decorationg a house.  Granted, a napkin holder is a small thing when I have to pick out hardwood for the floors and window treatments but it is still another decision to make.

No comments: