Tuesday, September 22, 2015

New Business Card and Other Things

It is four weeks since our move to Michigan.  Everyday is full of things to do.  We are working on projects around the house both big and small. We have contracted to have a re-do of the kitchen which may take a couple of months to get done.  We have to tile the kitchen floor before the new island and cabinets are installed.  We are currently working on making the master closet more efficient.  This involves many trips to Home Depot and Menard's which is also a home improvement store,  Making choices of flooring and paint and the counter top and many other decisions takes time and thought.  Anyway, between doing all of this we have interaction with family members everyday. I also made time to work on a new business card.  I did a painting of the tree I did a sketch of that I mentioned in my last post but I was not happy with it. That meant coming up with another idea and doing another painting.  I tried a tree in full bloom done in a patchwork fashion.  I liked the way it turned out so I designed a business card using it as the focal point.  Here is what I came up with.
After I unpacked the paintings I brought with me I invited family members to choose what they liked as a gift from me.  Here are the paintings that I gave away.





I still have a few other family members who will choose a painting.  When they decide what they want I will post photos of their choices.

I have some painting projects I want to do for myself that I will be working on next.  I have some pieces of furniture that I decorated for the Arizona house that I will be using here but I want to change the color of part of the paintings to match my new decor.  I'll post before and after photos of what I do.

No comments: