Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I am back!

It is over a month since my last post.  In that time we packed up our belongings from our Arizona house and made the move across country to our new home in Three Rivers, Michigan.  After more than two weeks here we finally have Internet and I am able to do a new post.

We are fairly well settled but still have many boxes to unpack.  It will probably take months for me to get my new workshop organized in the way I want it but in the mean time I hope to get a temporary area set up so I can soon get back to painting.

What I am posting today are the doodles I did while I was traveling here.  There is one cactus doodle that I had started before we left that I finished and the rest are ones I did while riding in the car on our trip.
I have been thinking of what logo I will put on my new business cards.  I am not sure I want to use the Surreal Saguaro that is at the top of this page that was what is on my Arizona cards.  I have been tossing around ideas and doing some preliminary sketches of a tree based on my Flamboyant Foliage painting. Here is a doodle I did using that idea.  If I decide on using it I will do a painting with much more detail to use as the template.  I guess I won't be able to make up my mind until I actually do the painting and see how it will look on the new business cards.  I'll post a photo when it is done. Here is the doodle.


I'm glad to be back online and in contact with all of you again.

No comments: