Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Something Old and Something New and More

I have a friend who I met in 2007 when she purchased my first canvas painting that I entered in a contest where it won third place and the People's Choice Award.  Over the years she has commissioned me to do many paintings.  I have lost count on how many.  She comes up with the idea of what she wants and I do the painting based on those ideas.  After I am done with her painting I will do a similar painting to exhibit and sell.  Some of those paintings have become some of my most popular images.  Because she has so many of my paintings she rotates them.  She puts some in storage and changes them out with others.  She recently commissioned me to do a cactus painting and also gave me a painting that she bought from me years ago that no longer fits her decor.  She thought I might want to sell it.  I decided to not show it until I make the move to Michigan because it is not a Southwest style painting.  Here are both the new and old paintings.
"Trina's Cactus"
"Trina's Flowers"
I have continued to work on more Domino Train Stations.  I have 12 at the SAAG Gallery and have another 12 at home. Here are the ones I just finished.

I have a consultation this afternoon for another commissioned painting.  This will be something different.  It is based on an American Indian shirt.  I will see the actual shirt today and get the clients idea of what he wants.
  I have gotten busy since I announced our up coming move because people think this may be the last chance to get one of my paintings.  Although, I keep telling people that may not happen soon and I will probably be around awhile.  We plan on staying until our house here sells and so far it has only shown a couple of times.  Mid summer is not the best time to sell a house in Arizona.  Hopefully by fall when the snow birds come back it will sell.

No comments: