Thursday, March 5, 2015

"Mare and Foal" AKA "The Queen and Her Prince"

This is my newest painting.  It is another version of the painting I did for the Double Exposure Exhibition last year.  I sold that painting so decided to do another.  This one is quite different than the first one I did based on a photo by Mary Nation.  The rules for the exhibition were to do a painting in our own style of the image taken by the photographer we were paired up with.  I tried to keep it as close to Mary's photo as possible yet still have it reflect my painting style.  For the painting above I decided to use the same idea but to glam it up.  I used a frame that I had refinished in gold and incorporated  lots of glitz into the painting.  It has such a regal look that I am considering renaming the painting "The Queen and Her Prince".  What do you think about that idea?

Here is the photo the painting is based on and the first version I did for the exhibition.  Both are much more subtle than the new painting.
I have a good friend from Ohio coming  for a visit soon.  We have been BFF's for over 40 years and I look forward to spending time with her again.  I probably won't get much work done while she is here but, on the other hand, we used to paint together back in the day so..... maybe I'll find a project we can work on while she is here.  Yes, I think that sounds like a plan!  I bet she will enjoy doing that.  It will bring back memories of the "good old days".

No comments: