Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentines Day 2015

Can't believe it is mid February already.  Seems like it was just Christmas and New Years Day.  The beginning of 2015 has been a busy time for me.  I have not had as much time for painting as I would like. Among other things I have been doing some design work for 3 stained glass windows that Roger has been commissioned to make. I wanted to get my Mexican domino train stations done ASAP because I had someone contact me last year who was given one as a gift and had friends who wanted to buy one.  Lucky she was not in a hurry.  I finally got 8 done but before I had a chance to call her I had a lady  call me who was visiting from out of town.  She had played dominos with someone who had one of my train stations. She wanted to take one back home and she was leaving Tucson soon. I finished the 8 train stations yesterday morning and she came with two friends later in the morning and they each bought one.  In the afternoon I had a new friend and her husband come for a visit and she bought one also.  That means 4 of the 8 are gone!  Now I have to get busy painting to replace them so that the first person who contacted me has a nice selection to choose from.  Here are photos of all 8.
The four above are sold and the four below are available for sale.
I just remembered that I sold another one earlier in the week to a friend who was here for painting advice.  I had not applied the polycrylic finish but she took it anyway and said she would finish it off herself.  I didn't take a photo of it. The base was turquoise and the design was two geckos.
Since it is Valentines Day I am posting my large Endless Rose painting that I gave to Brian & Sarah as a gift for their new apartment in Falls Church, VA.

No comments: