Wednesday, November 5, 2014

4 Commissions Done

The time since the Sun City Art Festival has been very relaxing for me.  I unpacked and rearranged both my home gallery and shop.  I took some days off from painting.  I felt refreshed and ready to get back to work.  I had four commissioned jobs that I got at the festival.  Three were for domino train stations and 1 was for an 11X14 painting.  I finished them today and am ready to call the clients for pick up.  Here are photos of the completed projects.

The train station orders were for a gecko on black, pots and plant on orange and three brown dachshunds on yellow.  I have painted the first two subjects many times but I had never painted a dachshund before.  I did some internet research to make sure I had them correct.  I think they are cute little critters.  Hopefully they will meet the customer's expectations.

I also had to do a painting.  The customer liked my painting titled "Phantom Herd".  She owns a palomino horse named Pal.  What she wanted was something similar to "Phantom Herd" but featuring only a palomino.  Here is a photo of each painting.
"Pal"
"Phantom Herd"
Now that I have all my commissions done I am free to paint whatever I want.  I'm debating on what project I want to do next.  I have a couple of small things that I had base coated for the festival but didn't have time to finish so think I will complete those first.  Then I may tackle a table and chair that I bought at a yard sales back in April.  I have been putting that job off in order to paint things that I knew would sell at the festival.  Now might be the time paint the table and chair!

Holidazzle will be opening on November 14.  That is a six week show put on by SAAG.  I'll post more information about it next week.

No comments: