Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lots of Crafty Items

I did the polycrylic coats on all of the craft type items that I mentioned in yesterday's post.  Some of these things are very unusual.  The first is this antique wooden pot that I found at a garage sale this past Saturday.  I couldn't wait to paint it.  I never saw anything like it before.  It had some carvings on it that I incorporated into the design.  Here it is.
Next is a leaf shaped dish that has four dividers.  It took me awhile to decide what subject matter would fit the style of the dish and I finally came up with the idea of a quail family in a garden. I had bought this dish earlier in the year.
On Saturday I found the perfect companion piece.  In the photo it looks larger than the one above but in real life it is much smaller.  I can sell these as a set or as individual pieces.
Another thing I bought on Saturday is this large bowl with intricate carvings on the outside of the bowl.  I left the wood the natural color and painted a flowering cactus on the inside.Here are two photos showing both the inside and outside of the bowl.
 I have this from Saturday's sales which is a box that contained a set of double 6 dominos.  I will sell it with the dominos and show it next to my domino train stations.

The next two items I had bought at yard sales in the spring.  The first is a bowl that I is painted with a desert scene and the other is a long dish that was perfect for chili peppers.
The final item is a chili pepper board that was cut by my son Mark.  He cut me a number of them last year and this was the only one that I hadn't painted and sold.
All of these things will be for sale at the Sun City Art Festival on October 25.  I will continue to paint for a few more days so look for another blog post next week showing what I have painted.

No comments: